Wednesday 26 November 2014

Women are ‘Peer’ not ‘Poor’

Gazing high at the sky;
I used to cry
Is there a world for me?
That can give me all the glee

No, 'freedom' is not the right term
It has been the biggest germ
Since childhood, I have been asked to obey
And I have learnt to look at everything  as ‘Okay’
I quest for freedom of expression
Without worrying about the outcome

Being a daughter, being a wife
And being a daughter-in-law
I am meant to undertake the onus
And bound to do the chores

If I ask to be loved
Why I have to be mum
If I wish to be pampered
            Why I have been overlooked
Give me the pure joy of expression
As I am a human with emotion

Being a woman can make me feel blessed
Only when the men will not be obsessed.

Yes, I am proud to be a woman
And one day you will have to!


                                               

                                                  ***********************





No comments:

Post a Comment