Saturday 25 January 2014

Who Owned that Hut?

Heading towards an unknown destination was filling my heart with joy as all I could see around was the lush green surroundings. With the gently moving wind, trees appeared like caressing one another; birds were not only chirping they were rather singing a melody of love; the rising sun was adding tranquillity and the waterfall with beautiful sound of gushing fresh water, I felt refreshed and uttered“What a fine day!” 
Out of curiosity, I looked around and found there was a small hut, perfectly covered to assure the privacy. It was made of wood and seemed recently built. I wanted to move from there but my heart didn't allow. “How would the inhabitants react seeing me?” asking myself I walked towards the hut.
I did not require knocking as the door was already open. To my surprise, the hut was very tidy as reverse to its outside appearance. There will be people in torn clothes, tangled hair with pathetic faces, I was expecting. The hut was small but it was partially divided to keep a private section. As I could not see anyone in the premises, my brain asked me to make an entry through the small, private section.

What I saw was again something that added to my curiosity. A small and well-cleaned table was sheltering few pictures of Gods and Goddesses. The glass pictures were perfectly shimmering and the Gods seem like smiling and showering their blessings to the onlookers. All the sacred worship items were perfectly placed in a golden ‘Thali’. It contained sandalwood, vermilion, turmeric, rice grain, coconut, grass and not to forget fresh flowers. I looked around, expecting to see the person who had set all this. I walked out of the small temple area and stayed in the main hut for a while.

There was a makeshift bed, made out of bricks. Unable to find myself standing for long, I rested on the bed. 1 hour passed, nobody came and then another hour with none’s presence. I was bit baffled and question myself “Why I have sojourned here?” Finding no answer, I again walked into the small area where I came across worship articles and pictures of God.

I could not believe my eyes, there was an ‘Agarbatti’ (Incense Stick) which was recently lit up. “Who lit this?” my curious mind was seeking for an answer. I was confused and the fragrance of incense stick was also adding to it. I came out briskly and found nobody was there. Walking out of the hut was my brain’s decision. My heart still wanted me to be there. As I came out, the whole surrounding was changed. There were no trees, birds and sun!

With a big question mark on my face, I woke up and checked time. It was 6:00 a.m. “Oh! Was it a dream?” I asked myself and got occupied with my routine work but the soothing fragrance of incense sticks chased me for days. 


                                                              ********************

No comments:

Post a Comment